How to create an App Password in Google?
Tip: Don’t create an App Password unless the app or device you want to connect to your account doesn’t have “Sign in with Google.”
Create & use App Passwords
If you use 2-Step-Verification and get a "password incorrect" error when you sign in Or if a device/app you want to connect to doesn’t have “Sign In with Google” option then you should use App Passwords
- Go to your Google Account.
- Select Security.
- Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
- 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
- 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
- Your account is through work, school, or other organization.
- You turned on Advanced Protection.
- At the bottom, choose Select app and choose Mail › Select device and choose Other (Custom Name) and in the custom name enter “Clodura.AI” › Generate.
- Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16- character code in the yellow bar on your device.
- Tap Done.
When to use App Passwords
Tip: iPhones and iPads with iOS 11 or up don’t require App Passwords. Instead use “Sign in with Google.”
If the app doesn’t offer “Sign in with Google,” you can either: Use App Passwords Switch to a more secure app or device